[dns-operations] Missing .us and GTLD records??

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu May 20 18:22:36 UTC 2010

On 5/19/2010 2:03 PM, Luis Uribarri wrote:

> I know it will be a very very long time before I (and the majority of
> the internet) can talk IPv6 natively. Is our punishment for that to be
> cut off from "J".

Punishment? Really? Meanwhile a lot of people have already explained to you why your concerns are misplaced. Hopefully those concerns are resolved for you now.

In answer to your question about tunnels, there are 2 main candidates:
http://tunnelbroker.net/
http://www.sixxs.net/

I (and a lot of others) have good experiences with both. Because it provides a "native" experience to the client machines on my local network my preferred configuration is to set up an HE tunnel on my router and do RA from it. You can do this even with CPE equipment if you have the right kind of linksys or other home router that can run something like openwrt or dd-wrt.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads