[dns-operations] Missing .us and GTLD records??

Luis Uribarri uribarri at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 19 18:52:55 UTC 2010

This is sort of like the chicken vs. the egg thing.

My cruddy little DSL line does not have IPv6 transport, and it probably
will not have IPv6 transport for many many years, (if at all).

So I have to just live with the fact that my DNS resolver will never be
able to reach 'j.gtld.biz' & 'j.cctld.us'.

Although, if those servers had both IPv4 and IPv6 adresses, I could
reach them via IPv4 and still resolve IPv6 addresses.

Personally, I think that DNS "Authoritative Servers" should be the last
things that go IPv6 only, specifically becasue of the transport issues,
but I guess the TLD operators sees it differently.