[dns-operations] Odd behaviour on one node in I root-server (facebook, youtube & twitter)

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Mar 24 21:30:31 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-24, at 13:52, Robert Edmonds wrote:

> the root zone is delegation-only, isn't it?

Do you mean "the root zone is one of those zones which is marked by default for delegation-only behaviour by BIND9"?

Or are you talking about what is actually in the root zone, or the policies by which the root zone is maintained, or something else?

> perhaps resolvers could
> only ask the root for TLD delegations rather than leaking the full
> qname?

That sounds like a fairly radical change to 1034/5.

Joe