[dns-operations] Status of IANA DNSSEC testbed after 2010-07-15?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Mon Jun 21 11:01:50 UTC 2010

Hi Marco,

On 2010-06-21, at 05:50, Marco Davids (SIDN) wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the status of the IANA testbed will be after
> 2010-07-15?
>
> I've been using it for quite a while and I wonder if I should hurry with
> changing my setup back to the real root-servers again, after the root
> has been signed.

We have intended for some time to discontinue the IANA testbed following the successful deployment of DNSSEC in the root zone. However, be assured that we will not do anything with it without reasonable notice being given. We have not decided on any firm operational plans and timing, yet.

Out of interest, how long after the root is signed would you expect the IANA testbed to keep running?

Joe