[dns-operations] Online DNSSEC debugging tool now availalbe

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Fri Jul 16 12:33:50 UTC 2010

Frank Habicht (geier) writes:

> by a tool announced after the root was signed?
> adding more work to accommodate a temp. band-aid that's obsolete the
> sooner the better?
>
> I'm guessing / hoping ISC agree.
> _IF_ i understand some things correctly then the purpose of DLV is on a
> downwards slope now, right?

	Yes and no - I don't know ISC's intenet - Paul Vixie did say that
	DLV won't be necessary in the future, but there will still be
	islands of signed data with parents that don't sign.

	On the other hand, the pressue is greater on these TLDs/SLDs to
	get signing if DLV goes away and the root is signed.  Either that
	or see security conscious users move to other domains.

	Cheers,
	Phil