[dns-operations] Who's sleeping well tonight and who's not?

Joe Abley joe.abley at icann.org
Thu Jul 15 21:27:45 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-15, at 2:22, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:47:26AM +0600, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> someone is "crying wolf"...  lots of hoopla over a non-event.
>>
>> bit of work went into making it a 'non-event'
>
> 	lots nad -LOTS- of work went into making it a non-event.
> 	whch is why a "countdown" clock seems a bit out of place.

The countdown clock is a direct consequence of the enthusiasm and energy of the person who maintains that web site, and that particular enthusiasm and energy is an important part of ICANN getting its part of this joint project out of the door as planned.

Those who volunteered their time to attend ceremonies (and those who heard him talk at MENOG and LACNIC) will no doubt be familiar with his good work, but since he has been behind the scenes for probably most people here, let me just say: thank you, Mehmet.

Joe