[dns-operations] OpenDNS adopts DNSCurve

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Feb 24 18:40:41 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-24, at 13:20, Adam Stasiniewicz wrote:

> Reading over the documentation on dnscurve.org I have one question.  I am
> a bit confused on how each server is supposed to determine the other's
> public key.

It does seem from a quick review of draft-dempsky-dnscurve-00 that the link-layer security provided by DNSCurve depends on a previous, unsecured DNS lookup by the DNSCurve client to obtain the public key of the DNSCurve server.

Perhaps any further discussion of the protocol would find a better home on the namedroppers list.

Joe