[dns-operations] OpenDNS adopts DNSCurve

Adam Stasiniewicz adam at adamstas.com
Wed Feb 24 18:20:44 UTC 2010

Reading over the documentation on dnscurve.org I have one question.  I am
a bit confused on how each server is supposed to determine the other's
public key.  The reason I ask is because I am wondering how
man-in-the-middle attacks are mitigated/prevented (or if they're not).  As
everyone is aware, if/when DNSSEC's trust anchor system is properly
implemented (and the TLDs and below start signing data), this would
effectively kill man-in-the-middle attacks.  So basically, I am just
wondering how DNScurve accomplishes protection against similar attacks.

Regards,
Adam Stasiniewicz