[dns-operations] I missed the announcement: .ARPA has been deleted

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Feb 12 18:55:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:17:21AM -0500, David Blacka wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2010, at 9:57 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > At least, this is what Google Public DNS says:
> > Other TLDs are fine :-)
>
> Yet things below .arpa exist:
>
> % dig @8.8.8.8 NS ip6.arpa.
> That is unpossible!

Not really impossible.  Think about it.  "." could be delegating
"ipv6.arpa" and "in-addr.arpa" and anything else it desires.  It is
possible that Google figures that nobody in the world would know the
difference or care.  Except purists, of course.  Know any?  ;-)

--
Joe Yao
Qinetiq NA / Analex Contractor