[dns-operations] Please contribute data to OARC!

William F. Maton Sotomayor wmaton at ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca
Tue Feb 2 17:30:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Phil Regnauld wrote:

>> Also, I've never gotten a clear picture on what popular stubs think of the
>> two or three IP addresses they are given as resolvers. Is the first one more
>> important? It sure appears to be the case.
>
> 	It's up to whatever the developer felt like doing that day, unfortunately.
> 	Many of them haven't read a RFC :(

Kevin Miller a USENIX LISA took a stab at it as far as the OSes were
concerned:

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa03/tech/full_papers/miller/miller_html/index.html

(It was meant to illustrate the value of using campus-wide anycast DNS,
soemthing which I deployed some time back and am now looking at deploying
using IPv6.)

wfms