[dns-operations] New subscribers

Roosenraad, Chris chris.roosenraad at twcable.com
Wed Dec 29 14:25:00 UTC 2010

>I like the idea of adding a startup version check to show the latest
>version
>of the software and if there is a need to upgrade.  I think this would be
>positive addition to BIND.

A couple of concerns about this.

1)  If its done, please make sure it can be disabled through the config
file.
2)  "need to upgrade" will have a different meaning to different people.
3)  I think we've all seen software that "phones home" like this go
haywire if the system to which it phones home goes offline.  Just saying.

As far as packaging goes, I'm with Elvind.  Compile myself, and then
package into my own RPMs.  But I realize that is a little out of the
ordinary...

--
Chris R. Roosenraad
Principal Engineer