[dns-operations] New subscribers

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Wed Dec 22 05:04:24 UTC 2010

In the late 90s and early '00s, I worked for MAPS,
(as a very junior person;  I was born in '80.)
More recently, I spent a few years at Yahoo in search.
Between, I spent some time at smaller companies where I ended
up being the 'dns expert' just 'cause I had experience and others
did not.   I find that if I'm going to work for other people,
I like being one of the less-knowledgeable members of the
team.  If I'm to be the "expert," it seems that I'd prefer to just
run the company myself, even if that means less money.

I have mostly been taking a break from DNS these last
few years.   I'm running a small VPS company, and my only current
involvement with dns is dealing with my own RDNS and running a
dns secondary for the isipp whitelist.  At some point I'm going
to get around to implementing a global load balancing system
that relies on http redirects rather than inconsistent DNS
answers, but I've got quite a bit of learning between my current
dns/network setup and the multicast DNS and robust network
that I will need.

--
Luke S. Crawford
http://prgmr.com/xen/         -   Hosting for the technically adept