[dns-operations] New subscribers

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Fri Dec 17 22:58:21 UTC 2010

On 12/16/10 12:02 PM, Jon Maguire wrote:
> "New subscribers will be
> asked to describe themselves and their DNS environment before being
> added to the list."

I hate these introduction things but if I must...  *sigh*

Some of you will know me from other lists, some of you know me from the
Abusive Hosts Blocking List, while others have probably seen me in
passing on IRC over the years.

I'm a systems administrator and networking consultant, who has
technically 'retired' from the computer field, though I still am quite
active in spam fighting and other misc things.

I make heavy use of DNS in the AHBL, being a DNSbl and all, and I run
half a dozen DNS servers doing a mix of master/slave and recursive
functions spread out over the US and Canada.  I used to use BIND, got
tired of hour loading times for zones, so now I use PowerDNS.

I think that covers the reasonably interesting parts...

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org