[dns-operations] IPv6 PTR records

Roosenraad, Chris chris.roosenraad at twcable.com
Fri Dec 17 16:24:33 UTC 2010

All,

We've been debating this internally as well.  I'd like to point everyone to a IETF draft documents by one of my co-workers.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-howard-isp-ip6rdns/

This document was intended to discuss the various options on how to handle PTR records in IPv6.  Personally, I think the dynamically generated option with 2.5 is the only one that will really scale/work on a large network, but I'm always interested to see where others are going.

--
Chris R. Roosenraad
Principal Engineer
chris.roosenraad at twcable.com