[dns-operations] New subscribers

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Fri Dec 17 05:05:36 UTC 2010

i'm paul vixie, co-founder of DNS-OARC and the creator of this mailing
list.  i was the final maintainer of BIND4 and the main author of BIND8.
i'm president of Internet Systems Consortium which i co-founded in 1995,
and my main duties today are signing all kinds of paperwork related to
the development and support of BIND9 and to the development of BIND10
and to the operations of F-root.  i was the guy who heard david conrad's
ideas about DNSSEC lookaside validation and churned it into DLV.  i'm
the original author of 'dnscap' which duane wessels has since inherited.
i also developed 'ncap' and the Security Information Exchange which were
meant to drastically expand on florian weimer's 'passive dns logging'
project, noting that ncap has since been replaced by robert edmonds 'nmsg'.

i've also done other non-DNS stuff that's not important in a dns-op@ intro.

ask me 1x1 about DNS/BIND training, support and enhancement for BIND9,
membership in the BIND Forum, sponsorship of BIND10, sponsorship of
F-root, services like Domain Survey, ISC DNS Database (DNSDB), ISC's
secondary name service (SNS), and how to be a sensor or analyst in ISC's
Security Information Exchange.  ISC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt
charity and we depend on community support for everything we do.