[dns-operations] bogus claims arising from Nominum marketing drivel

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed Sep 23 16:53:47 UTC 2009

On Sep 23, Jim Reid <jim at rfc1035.com> wrote:

> You're letting your prejudices obscure the facts. Again. Yes, Nominum
> wrote the first BIND9 releases. But this was under contract to ISC. ISC
> always "owned" the code. BIND9 was never Nominum's product or
> intellectual property.
I am not sure that I understand your argument: do you mean that your
company received substandard requirements and design from ISC or that
your company delivered substandard code on purpose?

--
ciao,
Marco