[dns-operations] GSLB options?

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Thu Oct 29 09:51:30 UTC 2009

* Paul Vixie:

>> From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net>
>> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:02:36 +0700
>>
>> > [1] - Yes, I know GSLB doesn't work, I've read all those documents,
>> > this is not the thread you are looking for :)
>>
>> It works quite well, if implemented properly, as you indicate.
>
> can you define what you mean by "quite well" here?

For example, it allows Debian to add nodes to security.debian.org even
if those nodes have not got adequate connectivity to all Debian users.

Being more picky about mirror selection is hardly a solution because
every prospective mirror operator claims that they've got a top-notch
network, open peering policy and all, and then some ugly congestion
issue rears its head. 8-(

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99