[dns-operations] BIND version and NSEC3

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Fri May 15 21:54:55 UTC 2009

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
>   and I thought it was the DLV-users forum.
>
> --bill

As one of the people who started a lot of the DLV-related conversation
on this list, back when the initial gov/NSEC3 issue came up, I'd be
happy to take this conversation to another mailing list if we decide
that's necessary.

I think most of the issues we have raised on this list have been general
DNSSEC-related (the initial gov/NSEC3 problem excepted); the fact that
many of us are using the DLV to do our bleeding-edge DNSSEC
implementation work is only a component of our main goal of seeing how
DNSSEC works in the real world.  Whether it's the *best* way to achieve
this is and has obviously been the subject of considerable debate.

Setting aside the DLV, if the dns-operations list is getting too
DNSSEC-y for folks then we can consider a dnssec-operations list.
Personally, I am as concerned about the proliferation of similar mailing
lists as I am about the dilution of existing ones.

I do agree that questions about specific implementations should go to
<implementation>-users at .  I do realize that there have been a few times
when I have strayed into BIND-specific issues (esp wrt memory
utilization in the face of DNSSEC failures).  Sorry about that.

michael