[dns-operations] Not a bot

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 20:02:28 UTC 2009

On Mar 19 2009, Etienne Simard wrote:

>"New subscribers will be asked to describe themselves and their DNS
>environment before being added to the list."

Yes, I was somewhat boggled by that as well. I sort of expected to
have to fill in some sort of profile as part of signing up, but no.
Or, I thought, maybe on the first post to the list? But no ...

I did decide to use my Long Sig rather than my Short Sig when posting.

Well, for the record, then:

I am a member of the hostmaster team at the University of Cambridge,
England. We are responsible for maintaining cam.ac.uk and related
DNS zones. We are hoping to deploy DNSSEC Real Soon Now, and I have
specific responsibilities to make progress on that. Tony Finch drew
my attention to this mailing list on more than one occasion. The
recent problems with gov.dlv.isc.org made me decide to subscribe.

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,