[dns-operations] J.GTLD.BIZ ?

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Fri Mar 6 17:51:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'd appreciate is if somebody can enlighten me about what might be
happening here.

I have a script that runs through the domains we do DNS for. It compares
the info at a root nameserver with what we have in DNS. It gets the root
nameserver to use by running 'dig +trace pacific.$TLD' and grabbing one
of the roots returned. (note that we don't own pacific.biz, just
pacific.net)

The script ran wednesday morning (3/4/09) and returned an ipv6 only root
NS for .biz (J.GTLD.BIZ). We have no ipv6 connectivity.

Was this just a burp in .biz, or should I be specifically asking for
ipv4 only results when running "dig +trace pacific.biz" ?

I don't see host J.GTLD.BIZ in the results when I run "dig +trace
pacific.biz" manually now.

Thanks for any insight,
Ken

--