[dns-operations] Request - Looking for Volunteers for a NANOG Tutorial - BCPs to mitigate DNS Reflection

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Thu Mar 5 18:15:41 UTC 2009

Hi Team,

Would anyone be interested in teaching a tutorial at the next NANOG on the
known BCPs for mitigating DNS Reflection issues (attacks, abuse, etc)?

I'm not a content guru on the topic, but I'm willing to help anyone who
wants to teach with materials (i.e. I'll do the fancy slide work).

This idea came up during a side consultation with some operational security
people. We were thinking about what else can we do. One idea is to get more
and better materials available that we can use to point "victims" DNS
reflection DDOS. NANOG tutorial are a simple way - with a persistent
pointer, a presentation, and a Video of the tutorial.

Please ping me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Barry