[dns-operations] When TLDs have apex A records

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:52:44 UTC 2009

> is there an icann web page that points to all the technical
> guidance/analysis received for both the wildcard issue and the
> gTLD expansion issue?  it might help refine this conversation.

AFAIK, all the new gTLD program support docs are in the following page
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtld-program.htm.

The working group to study scalability of the root zone was launched in May
http://www.icann.org/en/committees/dns-root/root-scaling-study-tor-05may09-en.htm
but I didn't find any related technical info yet, and these folks will only have
until the end of August to do their job, not much time for an important and
complex issue to gather factual data, create different models and produce a
detailed and meaningful analysis.

Jorge