[dns-operations] When TLDs have apex A records

k claffy kc at caida.org
Mon Jul 6 16:06:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 07:26:53PM -0700, David Conrad wrote:
  [Last comment as this isn't really related to DNS operations]

  >i really appreciate technical analysis and advice from anyone, even
  >icann.  i do not appreciate edicts from marinara del roi.

  As I pointed out, ICANN's actions were actually based on technical
  input (including input from folks on this list).

drc,

is there an icann web page that points to all the technical
guidance/analysis received for both the wildcard issue and the
gTLD expansion issue?  it might help refine this conversation.

  If new gTLDs are going to occur and assuming ICANN does not have a
  mechanism to winnow the "lawyers, slime, sharks, and sheep" from the
  good guys, it would seem to me that based on that technical input,
  disallowing wildcards would be appropriate.

  Regards,
  -drc