[dns-operations] When TLDs have apex A records

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Jul 4 01:02:17 UTC 2009

hi drc,

> I believe there is a bit of a difference between the general populace
> who travels by air and those who will be applying for new TLDs.  Guess
> you have more faith in the folk that will be applying for new gTLDs
> than I.

<entry in run-on sentence of week contest>

when you do something stupid such as opening up the root to a mass of
gtlds so lawyers, slime, sharks, and sheep are financed spend their
lives flying around the world to self-important meetings five star
hotels, this does not imply that the rest of the world should be
legislated to adapt for stupidities these folk might produce.

> I'd observe that the people who are affected by wildcards at the top
> level aren't generally the people in the zone.  How are you going to
> get the informed consent of people who make typos?

so you don't much like the document?

occasionally wildcard high in the tree are useful.  do not take knives
away from sushi chef because some scum can misuse them.

randy