[dns-operations] wrapsrv -- DNS SRV record command line wrapper

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Jul 2 07:51:56 UTC 2009

Robert Edmonds wrote:
> i couldn't find any utility that wraps the SRV record lookup and
> selection algorithm for commands that don't natively support the SRV
> record, so i wrote my own.

When I saw the title I thought you made an LD_PRELOAD trick, because
that is one way to do it and actually allows one to also have the
wrapping work when the hostnames/ports are in configuration files.

I just have a hope that programs will be converted to use the nice
getaddrinfo() loop, as then they are all SRV aware (if the backend
getaddrinfo() respects SRV of course, which it does not always do...)

Greets,
 Jeroen