[dns-operations] No public calendar for the root signing deployment

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Dec 14 14:16:58 UTC 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 8:43 PM, bert hubert wrote:
> As bmanning said:
>
> 	from my limited scope testing (from one root) there are
> 	double-digit percentage of priming queries that will get
> 	hit with this problem... I think parts of the internet
> 	will go dark.
> Or is bill wrong? Because a root-priming query with EDNS enabled has been
> returning >512 answers for a long time now. Or perhaps BIND doesn't do that?

There are 11 other root server operators who are in a position to replicate Bill's results.  I'm unaware of any that have done so, perhaps because the methodology Bill used hasn't been documented sufficiently to allow an independent third-party to replicate.  I say perhaps because I don't actually know -- I avoid participating in the secret root cabal for philosophical reasons.

If Bill would publish the methodology he used to come up with a "double-digit percentage" for failed priming queries here, I'll look into replicating his results with "L" traffic.

Regards,
-drc