[dns-operations] No public calendar for the root signingdeployment

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Dec 10 19:31:06 UTC 2009

Bill,

On Dec 10, 2009, at 11:21 AM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> I suspect that one reason the staged rollout
> 	of a signed, but useless for DNSSEC purposes root zone prior
> 	to a usable signed root zone is to flush out the extent of
> 	this problem...  but I'm just guessing here.

Since you, as operator of the B root server, have been told this is explicitly one of the reasons we're doing the incremental deployment and why we've asked all the root operators to be in a position to monitor their servers for unexpected behavior (and as far as I've heard, all the root servers agreed), I am confused as why you say you're guessing.

Regards,
-drc