[dns-operations] No public calendar for the root signing deployment

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Thu Dec 10 13:38:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:58:23PM +0100, Peter Koch wrote:
> Stephane,
>
> > Yes, this NTIA page is clearly completely unsuitable for ops-oriented
> > communication.
>
> with all respect, "warning [people] about the 512 issue" isn't, either.
> It is also not responsible communication.  I know that the message
> "communication is key" has been sent multiple times, but we saw and have
> been seeing since that it has been acknowledged.  However, good communication
> is more important than quick communication and the perceived lack of
> detail appears to be less of an issue in and of itself rather than
> through "help" to fill the vacuum.  If you wanted to prove that point,
> I'm sure you eventually succeeded.

Herr Koch,

I don't quite understand the angry tone of your response to these
statements of M. Bortzmeyer.  It seems to me that he may have assumed
that people in this group knew of the issue of which he speaks.  It has
certainly been mentioned often enough in discussion of DNSSEC.  Why
assume that he abbreviated thus when speaking to other groups?

Or perhaps I am assuming that it is the UDP-block-size-defaults-to-512-
bytes issue, and it is really some other issue of which you are
thinking.

--
**