[dns-operations] A very good list of open public DNS resolvers

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Dec 8 23:10:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Stephane Bortzmeyer relayed:

> From: Chris Hills <chaz at chaz6.com>
>
> I maintain a list here [1], many of which are reachable with IPv6.
>
> [1] http://www.chaz6.com/files/resolv.conf

Note that not all of these are open (note the "filtered" entries). I'm not
sure what the criteria for being listed are. For instance, it lists the
IPv6 addresses of Cambridge's resolvers, but not the corresponding IPv4
addresses, and in any case only about 40,000 people are permitted to use
them.

Tony.
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.
MODERATE OR GOOD.