[dns-operations] After Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Wave... Google DNS

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Dec 5 21:59:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 01:24 -0500, Kevin Chen wrote:

> Noel Butler wrote:
> > Correct, but does google warn you of things like this? bet not, and
> > since when have you known any company to point out the cons of using
> > their products...
>
> This is at the bottom of
> http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/performance.html
>
> --
> Kevin Chen

But how many people do you think will bother to read all that ?

The only one they'kll read is /public-dns/docs/using.html

They'll see open DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ... add them into their
modem/pc's settings and be done with it, I'd be surprised if even
0.00001% of people bother to read all the stuff they have about it
before using it.