[dns-operations] After Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Wave... Google DNS

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Fri Dec 4 17:11:46 UTC 2009

> From: Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net>
> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:35:51 -0600 (CST)
>
> I want to see that happen.  Because unlike most other alternative DNS
> services, Google can strike back, and strike back hard.

huh.  opendns redirects www.google.com to a local cache, last i saw, and
as far as i know google did not send so much as a C&D over it.  and that's
google's most visible property.  with that reaction as my guide, i predict
that google would not give a rat's ass to prevent against gDNS hijacking.

(on the other hand perhaps gDNS is google's response to the HTTP hijack?)