[dns-operations] .MUC ?

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Sun Aug 9 17:25:34 UTC 2009

Well, since you ask ...

Yes.

This assumes the present mid-point between v2 and v3 of the GFA is
understood, by me at least, and of course, IANAL. YMMV. VWPBL.

There are of course a wonderful number of nuances that rely upon (a)
claims of right based upon some extension of iso3166-1 (alpha2 values)
to iso3166-2 (alpha3) values, (b) similarity to existing alpha3 (or
longer!) labels already present in the IANA root, (c) claims of right
based up some theory of prior right by SITA and/or IATA, (d) claims of
right based up some theory of prior right through (i) trademark or (ii)
servicemark or (iii) prior use, and (e) novel claims under the "security
and stability" rubric.

My vote for BMW's .MUC is "must use carbon".

Eric