[dns-operations] .TH signed

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed Apr 8 19:51:28 UTC 2009

Ed,

On Apr 8, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Edward Lewis wrote:
> I'll emphasize this - I do not say "don't do TARs."  Have fun, do
> it. But we are now seeing operational failures about once a week.
> And this is while "experts" and promoters of DNSSEC are spending
> cycles on it.  That is what bothers me, not the concept of TARs (or
> whatever they are called now).

At this stage of the game, operational failures are a good thing as
they impact (relatively) few people.  Where I personally get a bit
twitchy is when I see the terms "full production" being bandied about
-- there's a reason the ITAR is explicitly "beta". I also get a bit
nervous when end users are exposed to these services without their
knowledge, but that's probably because I don't like getting yelled
at.  However, with that said, I think it a positive thing that we're
kicking DNSSEC's tires at this point (even if we're actually kicking
the training wheels).

Regards,
-drc