[dns-operations] .TH signed

Michael Graff michael_graff at isc.org
Wed Apr 8 19:33:58 UTC 2009

Edward Lewis wrote:
> I'll emphasize this - I do not say "don't do TARs."  Have fun, do it.
> But we are now seeing operational failures about once a week.  And this
> is while "experts" and promoters of DNSSEC are spending cycles on it.
> That is what bothers me, not the concept of TARs (or whatever they are
> called now).

Ahh, ok.

I am very embarrassed about the DLV issues we've had.  Two in as many
months.  I don't see it as once a week, but if that's really the case
than we do indeed have a serious problem.  I'm speaking for DLV here,
obviously.

Remember that the DLV system has been around for many a year.  In the
last few months we've gone from a nearly fully manual system toward a
nearly fully automated one.  ISC is very sorry for the signing error,
and for the bugs we had in BIND.  We're constantly adding more checks
and procedural review to ensure we don't have cause to be embarrassed
in the future.

And no, I did not plan these words so all eight lines above were
perfectly aligned on both margins.

--Michael