[dns-operations] Google Chrome Pre-Caching

Wiliam F. Maton Sotomayor wmaton at ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca
Wed Sep 3 21:43:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Duane Wessels wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Chris Roosenraad wrote:
>> www.cn
>> www.cnn.co
>> www.cnn.com
>>
>> Similar behavior is seen for other requests (www.news.com, www.espn.com,
>> www.timewarner.com, etc).
>
> Oh my.

Indeed.  My question is if there's a sluggish DNS response, will the users
start to collectively cry that 'their Internet is down' and flood the
support lines?  Or perhaps users will think in those cases that Google
Chrome is just to slow and part with it....

I shudder to think what effect it has with internationalized DNS. :-)

wfms