[dns-operations] Why post this here?

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Thu Oct 30 15:59:22 UTC 2008

* Edward Lewis:

> I am confounded to see reports of a company's mistake on a mailing
> list like this.  What's the point, trying to embarrass the company?

This is a bit of a strange thing to write for someone working for a
company whose marketing material contains gems like "Elimination of
the typical latency and dropped UDP packets associated with BIND",
"Non-BIND proprietary software mitigates against DDoS attacks and
requires no updates/patches", and so on.

I suppose Lutz was trying to contact someone to fix the problem.  A
lot of companies in the DNS/domain business are difficult to reach
unless you have already established contact.  For instance, there is
no contact information on the Neustar or UltraDNS web pages for
reporting operational issues, either.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99