[dns-operations] DNSSEC Operations Manager Role at ICANN

David Taylor david.taylor at icann.org
Thu Nov 20 16:45:59 UTC 2008

As ICANN continues to grow and innovate in the areas of generic top level domains and DNS Security, we have found the need to add some very specific and talented people to our team. Toward that end I have outlined below a key role that you, or someone you know, might be interested in hearing about.

As a leader in the DNS community, please take a moment to look at the description and let me know of anyone who might like to hear about this unique opportunity.

DNSSEC OPERATIONS MANAGER - ICANN has been a leader in the development of internet security protocols for Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) which provides authentication in the root zone of the internet. Additionally, as a public benefit, not-for-profit global organization, ICANN is responsible for the stability, interoperability, and commercial viability of the internet.

We are seeking a DNSSEC Operations Manager to join our team as we move to the next phase in DNSSEC deployment throughout the root zone. This unique position will provide the opportunity to lead strategy and planning, acquisition and deployment, and operational management aspects of ICANN's DNSSEC role.

Initial responsibilities will include the build out of a world-class operational infrastructure for DNSSEC, working with stakeholders to continue to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, conduct research, hands-on operational control, and much more.

Knowledge & Experience
*    Strong technical knowledge of network and server operating systems, including Datacenter operations.
*    Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including DNS, DNSSEC, IPv6.

ICANN offers a collegial and invigorating work environment that provides unique opportunities for leaders who want to make a global difference. We offer highly competitive compensation and work environment programs for staff around the world.

David L. Taylor
Search Consultant
Work: 310.578.8642
Mobile: 310-927-0562