[dns-operations] Survey on a "Technology Backdrop": please participate

Mohsen Souissi mohsen.souissi at nic.fr
Wed Nov 19 10:55:48 UTC 2008

[Apologies for multiple copies due to mailing-lists overlapping]

Dear all,

Our R&D team at AFNIC (The French ccTLD Registry), with the help of
its Scientific Council, is carrying out a survey on a "Technology
backdrop" for AFNIC in a medium-to-long term (10-15 years). The main
objective is to get a common view of the future (trends,
uncertainties) when assessing R&D opportunities in the future.

We believe that the outcome of this survey may be of interest to
people answering it, as most questions sit indeed in a a quite wide
technology perimeter/scope.

Here's a short description of the context & goals of the survey:

This survey aims at helping AFNIC to develop a technology backdrop
(i.e., a shared vision of technology evolution) in a medium-to-long
term.

Three axes have been chosen:
"A. Global Internet Architecture",
"B. Internet Naming, Identifiers and Digital Identities" and
"C. User trends". :

The survey is open from the 1st October to 31st of December 2008.

Please feel free to participate:

- "Canonical" URL: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=V0j_2fSEbCuIRb4EwwMPcyOA_3d_3d

- "Tiny" URL:  http://tinyurl.com/4xn2xc

We commit to sharing the results with contributors who desire it (the
survey includes a question to that effect).

Looking forward to your contribution and thank you in advance for
your time!

Best Regards,

Mohsen.