[dns-operations] UPDATED ROOT ZONE FILE: 2008-05-26-01

Keith Mitchell keith_mitchell at isc.org
Mon May 26 21:22:37 UTC 2008

Paul Vixie wrote:
> one of the reasons i helped launch OARC was because i wanted to be a part
> of it, to be a member of it, to benefit from its services.  at no time
> during the early times when i had to actually operate it was i happy about
> that, and one of the reasons was...
>
>> I propose to have John's Palmer's posting privileges revoked.
>>
>> There, I said it.
>
> ...that i would have had to remain neutral in the face of controversy,
> instead of being able to say what i thought and represent my own point
> of view.  i hereby second roy arends' proposal.

Wearing my OARC rather than ISC hat, if there is a strong consensus from
list participants that this action be taken, and no-one else steps up to
say that they use Worldroot and/or find these postings useful, I will
implement this request. As today is a public holiday in at least the US
and England, I propose we wait until the end of tomorrow Tue 27th before
taking this sanction.

The final say on this matter belongs with the OARC Policy Council, I am
making them aware of this proposed action.

Keith
OARC Secretariat