[dns-operations] renesys blog: Identity Theft Hits the Root Name Servers

Matthew Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri May 23 14:38:45 UTC 2008

On 22-May-2008, at 21:48 , Paul Vixie wrote:

>>> but golden addresses is just crazy talk.
>>
>> Can you expand on why you think it's crazy talk?
>
> i did.  several times earlier in this thread.  i guess i should blog
> about it
> so there's a single place to for it.  i'm disinclined to repeat
> myself here in
> less than two days, and especially since DRC is on the warpath and
> i'm near my
> limit on how much dismissive derisive sarcasm i can swallow for the
> week.  i
> promise to tell you over beers at NANOG.

Perhaps that was in a private message... or perhaps I'm just missing
it.  Of the four messages I've got from you in this thread (including
this one), none seem to touch on why this is a bad idea.  The closest
I can see is a couple of paragraphs on why renumbering root servers is
a bad idea.

Unfortunately I'll be on a plane back from LACNIC during NANOG, so I
guess it'll have to wait.

Matt