[dns-operations] renesys blog: Identity Theft Hits the Root Name Servers

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu May 22 00:05:21 UTC 2008

Ed,

On May 21, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Edward Lewis wrote:
> At 11:41 -0700 5/21/08, David Conrad wrote:
>> Again, the point is the addresses would be associated with the
>> SERVICE
>> not the OPERATOR.
> But only if the (router) operators know where to route the traffic
> destined for the service.

I'm not suggesting any change in existing structures -- the same root
operators we all know and love would presumably continue originating
the announcement for the service.  The only thing that would change
would be the need to change every caching server on the entire planet
should the service move.

Regards,
-drc