[dns-operations] OARC Meeting Final Info

Keith Mitchell keith at isc.org
Tue Jun 3 23:14:23 UTC 2008

Arrangements are now all pretty much in hand for tomorrow's DNS
Operations meeting. I have updated the agenda at:

	http://public.oarci.net/dns-operations/workshop-2008/agenda

Presentations that I have received are linked to from the above - thank
you to all speakers that have submitted their slides. Please can I ask
the speakers who have not yet sent me their slides to do so *before*
NOON tomorrow.

We have not been able to arrange a webcast of tomorrow's event, but some
remote participation will be possible. There will be a jabber chatroom at:
	xmpp:dns-operations at conference.jabber.oarc.isc.org

on which we will attempt to transcribe speakers. It is possible we may
be able to arrange an audio feed of some sort, but I'll update further
on this once we have a better grasp of how well our on-site connectivity
works.

Directions - see the Brooklyn College site at:

http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/pub/map_directions.htm

for details. It is fairly easy to reach from the NANOG Marriott by
subway, you need to head out the front of the hotel, cross Adams St, and
then head West along Joralemon St or Tech Pl to the Borough Hall subway
station. You then need to get line 2 or 5 towards the Flatbush
Avenue/Brooklyn College stop. When you leave the station, head SW along
Hillel Pl, and then right along Campus Road, the Student Center is at
the first fork in the road.

It takes about 30 mins by subway from the Marriott to the College, we
have arranged food for those who finish up using their lunch hour to get
to the meeting ! Note you need to allow about 60-90 minutes by cab to
JFK or LGA airports from the college.

We are not arranging a social for tomorrow evening, as TelX already have
an event on for attendees of NANOG today and another TelX event
tomorrow. TelX have kindly agreed to allow OARC attendees not
participating in either of these events to also attend tomorrow evening,
for which I'd like to thank them. Details for this are at:

	http://nanog.org/mtg-0806/invitation2.html

Please RSVP if you plan to go.

Finally, a big thank you to Matt Larson and his colleagues at VeriSign
for making our meeting possible by sponsoring our venue and catering costs.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Keith