[dns-operations] All Too Quiet?

Robert Edmonds edmonds at gtisc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 30 17:39:48 UTC 2008

Paul Vixie wrote:
> i continue to be offended by such drivel as:
>
> 	"It's funny," he said. "I got owned."

HD moore claims the reporter fabricated that:

    Shortly after our conversation, Mr. McMillan published an article
    with a sensationalist title, that while containing most of the
    facts, attributed a quote to me that I simply did not say.
    Specifically, `"It's funny," he said. "I got owned."`

    http://blog.metasploit.com/2008/07/on-dns-attacks-in-wild-and-journalistic.html

moore does make a fairly ludicrous claim, however:

    The attack itself was not malicious, did not load malware, and from
    an operational standpoint, had zero impact.

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds at gtisc.gatech.edu