[dns-operations] DNS issue accidentally leaked?

Mauricio Vergara Ereche mave at nic.cl
Tue Jul 22 22:04:57 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 15:58:33 David Conrad wrote:
[...]
> Has anyone considered doing a survey of the open
> resolvers out their to determine the percentage that remain vulnerable
> and tracking that percentage over time?

We made an announcement in our webpage, explained the issue to technical
sysadmins lists, and talk to everyone we know since the first day this was
published. We also instructed our call-center staff to explain the issue if
someone asks.

Today we did a quick survey for known resolvers (mostly from the most used
ISPs in Chile) and around 50% of them still haven't patched their servers. So
we contacted them in private and explain the issue, but they weren't too
receptive so far.

The bottom line of all this, is that we're still pushing on it.

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche                 User #188365 counter.li.org
DNSAdmin NIC Chile                              mave [@] nic [.] cl