[dns-operations] ICANN and, was Re: Some DNSSEC trivia

Shane Kerr Shane_Kerr at isc.org
Wed Jan 16 14:57:43 UTC 2008

brett wrote:
> [...]

The technology situation in the Whois space is somewhat complex. This is because
of the strange disjoint between data providers, data publishers, data consumers,
and technology developers, as well as the somewhat strange way the data
publishers (domain folks, RIRs, and so on) decide on policy.

I really don't think we will see any migration to anything else until people
providing Whois services stop using this to publish the data.

[ Full disclosure: I was deeply involved in the RIPE NCC Iris pilot. :) ]

--
Shane