[dns-operations] Delegation checking (was: Re: Some DNSSEC trivia)

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jan 9 23:41:01 UTC 2008

> As Andrew already pointed out, the legal ramifications are
> mind-boggling.  I could understand such a reaction if the topic were
> botnets or fraud or something equivalently serious.  But a lame
> delegation?  Give me a break.  It's not hurting anything in the grand
> scheme of things.  We have much, much bigger fish to fry.

	When you spend time chasing down reported bugs in you product
	which turn out to be broken delegations either by
	misconfiguration or non RFC compliant servers.  Should we
	just bill you for each and ever investigation that turns
	out to be a lame delegation?  It would provide us with a
	good revenue stream:-)

	There is a real dollar cost to registries not performing
	these checks.  Doing the check at the registry level will
	minimise the overall cost.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC