[dns-operations] Delegation checking

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Jan 9 23:28:05 UTC 2008

>>> As I said when we discussed this topic at the Chicago OARC meeting, if
>>> you want that to happen, you will have to get consensus in ICANN that
>>> this is in fact a requirement, and that it should be enforced.
>> no thank you!
> Out of sheer curiosity, why not Randy?

folk doing delegation can/may, have, and will have varying policies and
actions for dealing with lamers.  and that's a good thing.  first, one
size does not fit all.  second, this is how we learn.

there are a lot of us who do not worry about icann rules, whatever they
may be.  i run a bunch of cctlds and have not even bothered to look to
see what rules someone thinks they have dreamed up beyond 1591.  i just
try to 'do it right.'

tools, guidelines, technical clue, ... are wonderful icann contributions
(see cctld workshops they have been conducting with isoc and nsrc) for a
few years (thanks lucy, john, et alia).

randy