[dns-operations] Delegation checking (was: Re: Some DNSSEC trivia)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Jan 9 19:05:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 7:37 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> have to get the registration agreements changed.  And then you'll have
> to set up a fund that pays for the legal costs that result when
> registries attempt to enforce this rule without the ability to notify
> registrants that their names are going dark.

People keep saying this, but the registration agreement as far back
at 1993 (earliest I have) says that it's the registrant's
responsibility to keep their contact information up to date.

(I am obviously wishfully ignoring the fact that US courts allow such
cases to go forward regardless of such clear, pre-ponderous details
of the suer's failure to handle their own responsibilities)

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation