[dns-operations] Some DNSSEC trivia

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Wed Jan 9 15:47:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:30:48AM +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:

> 	The registry *already* have this requirement.  None of them
> 	became a registry before RFC 1034 was published.  They have
> 	already bought into the requirement whether they realise
> 	it or not.

You seem to be missing my point, which is that not everyone agrees
with you that this is in fact a requirement; and that we have a
mechanism for deciding whether it _is_ a requirement for a large
number of registries.  That mechanism is the consensus process in
ICANN.  If you don't like the results of that consensus determination,
then I encourage you either to work within ICANN to change the
determination, or else work to replace ICANN.  But saying over and
over again that there's a requirement, when others do not agree there
is one, is not proving anything.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110