[dns-operations] First victim of AAAA records in the root zone

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Mon Feb 4 19:20:40 UTC 2008

I remember general DNS issues with a machine that used to have local
IPv6 only but internet only via IPv4.

Whenever a host had both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address DNS would only
query the IPv6 address and finally mark that host as down.

Bind 8 with its negative cache really gave me the willies until I
finally disabled the IPv6 on that machine. No more problems.

Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana